Friday, February 25, 2011

Fine Line


I have been completely submerged into the BFL program for a while now. It is on my mind ALL THE TIME. Wanting to lose the extra pounds is a constant thought.

I guess I vocalize those thoughts too often. My little 5 year old girl has begun to comment on how she needs to exercise more and asked if she is fat. All my girls are very thin except her. She is a built a little bigger than the rest but is by no means fat. Her face is very round with cute squishy cheeks and it makes her appear larger than she is. It breaks my heart to have her question her self image. She has been asking if things have too much sugar in them and commenting that she should have an apple instead of this or that. We eat very healthy 90% of the time. I allow my children sugary snacks sometimes.

I think I need to keep my thoughts to myself and not talk about it. The reasons for doing this is #1: To be healthy, live long and feel good and #2: To be a healthy example to my girls. Yes I am trying to live healthier but vocalizing it so much is not healthy for my girls. REALITY CHECK.

No comments:

Post a Comment